Symptoms are warning signals !
As soon as symptoms appear you need to ask a grown-up to bring you to the health centre. Medical Staff are the only people who can recognize what disease you are suffering from and tell you how to treat it and get well.
What happens during a visit to the health centre ?
- To begin with the medical staff will have a look at the information recorded the last time you visited. They will know which disease you have already had in the past and what medication you were given.
- Then you will have to describe all your symptoms precisely and answer a few questions, for example : when did the pain in your stomach start ? Have you already had a similar pain before ?
- The health staff will then examine and touch your body where you said it hurt. They will also examine other parts of your body to look for symptoms you may not have detected. If necessary they will listen to your hearbeat, your breathing, examine your throat or your ears, have a look at your skin or your nails. They can also take your temperature to see if you have a fever, weigh you and measure you to make sure you are growing and developping properly.
- After examining you the medical staff will be able to know what disease you have.
- If you need to take pills they will tell you and your mother how to take them : the time of day, how many and how long. It is very important that you respect the prescription and the tips the medical staff give you very carefully.
0 questions correctes sur 5
The different steps of a visit to the health centre
Have a look at these 5 pictures representing the different steps of a visit to the health centre. Match each step with the right picture.
Vous avez déjà rempli le questionnaire avant. Par conséquent, vous ne pouvez pas recommencer.
Quiz is loading...
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
Vous devez finir le quiz suivant, avant de commencer celui-ci :
0 questions sur 5 répondues correctement
Vous avez atteint 0 points sur 0 , (0)
- Not categorized 0%
Question 1 sur 5
I am going to take your temperature and touch your stomach in various places.
Tell me when it hurts !Exact
Question 2 sur 5
You must take this medication twice a day during four days.Exact
Question 3 sur 5
You can’t eat anything, you look tired and your forehead feels hot.Exact
Question 4 sur 5
You have diarrhea. You were right to come before it got too serious.Exact
Question 5 sur 5
I have had a stomach pain for two days and I have to go to the toilet all the time.Exact